Breakfast is the BEST way to start your day.
Make a plan with a friend to eat breakfast every day! Ideas include:
- Whole wheat toast + peanut butter + banana
- Cereal + 1% milk + your favorite fruit
- A breakfast sandwich
Want to help a friend? Share this tip:
Eating breakfast can help you achieve a healthy weight. Some people skip meals to lose weight, but it’s not a smart choice and can actually cause you to gain more weight. Start your day the right wayâ€? have some breakfast today!Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Being “fit” is a way of saying a person eats well, gets lots of physical activity, and has a healthy body weight. If your fit, your body works well, feels good, and can do all the things you want to do. Get FIT by:
- Get your body moving 60 minutes every day
- Limit the sugar and fat and try more fruits and vegetables for snacks
- Eat just enough to “feel full”, not stuffed
Being FIT means more than exercising and eating right, it also means getting enough sleep. Set a goal to get 9 to 11 hours of sleep each night.Â
Smile. October is National Dental Hygiene Month.
Did you know what you eat has an effect on your teeth, too?
- You need calcium-rich foods, such as low-fat or fat-free milk, yogurt and cheese, fortified soy and rice drinks, canned salmon, almonds, and dark green leafy vegetables, help promote strong teeth as well as bones.
- Tooth enamel protects your teeth. Eating foods like eggs, fish, spinach, bananas and whole grains are good for tooth enamel.
- Andâ€¦don't forget to brush at least twice a day.
3 whole grains a day is what your body needs for good health.
Examples of whole grains include 100% whole-wheat breads, whole-grain pastas or cereals, brown or wild rice, or oatmeal. Try to add a few more whole grains to your day â€?your body will thank you!
Do you have a balanced plate?
When it comes to good nutrition, this means building your plate with the right mix of food. Keep your plate balanced by filling it up with plenty of fruits, vegetables and wholesome grains.
Need some help with school work? Try these 3 simple tips to help you do your best!
- Get a good night's sleep â€?Â a well-rested brain can recall more information
- Power up your brain with a good breakfast.
- Eat less sugar and more brain foods like fruits, vegetables, protein and whole grains.
Help boost your brain power with fish!
Have you heard that omega-3 fatty acids, commonly found in fish such as salmon, may keep your brain cells healthy and help your learning and memory? Â
Did you know that the sun helps your body make Vitamin D?
Vitamin D helps keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy! With the days getting shorter, it's important to eat foods rich in Vitamin D like milk, orange juice with added vitamin D, low-fat yogurt and cheese and cereals with added Vitamin D.